Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Summer of 69 - Rainy of Chennai

Oh when I lock back now,
That was seemes to last forever,
And if I had the choiceYa -
I'd always wanna be there,
Those were the best days of my life,
Summer of 69!!!!
From the lyrics of Summer 69 by bryan Adams... one of my favourite song. Heavy pour down yesterday in chennai. after a long days hectic work, managing and fingering my laptop hardly had time to sneak out of window.. at evening realised, need to rush home to sip my hot filter coffee and catch up with my friends on phone. Like any office in chennai, fighting for car park space, my car was parked 1km away from workplace. OOF !! after a long day inside centralised A/C cabin, my security opened the main door and could hear heavy pour, cars,bikers, walkers wading thro the roads of nungambakkam- cannaought place of Chennai. This day I decided to walk with my ipod on listening to "Pyar hua ik rar hua..Rajkapoor oldies.( but did not have my loverboy next to me. ) to my car park. But worried about not dropping into a open MANHOLE which chennai is famous for during rains.thanks to Corporation. Driving all alone from nungambakkam, to home on flooded roads. Took a corner lane, and even a bullock cart, tricycle gazed at my speed and could see the cows frowning. Driving down reminded me of my old days, when my dad would pick me from work /college during rainy days. My first comment on reaching home would be a mockery at my dad's slow driving. he would just smile at me with a cigar lit and say "slow and steady wins the race". But was sure of reaching home safe, as I was in very safe hands. My dad was a great driver, his trekker would fly like a flight in kuccha hill roads of chamba, pathankot route. And of course those days where the cars did not even have music system, or ipod. That was when all three of us my sister, brother and me would sing all the way through to keep him motivated. Well !! my dad would put me on hold all the time, as I had the most loud voice. I am sure he would have been very proud of me yesterday of my driving and also realised, I have grown up!!! But to tell you the fact APPA !! the Chennai roads have taught me this SPEED!!

3 comments:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Hope you did not get too wet, my dear. It was a bad day to be out.

praveshika's time said...

summer 69-excellent and shows true love for your dad!!!
chittie

ambi said...

congratulations!

a very good start-nice telling about your appa- iknow how dear he is to you
hope to hear more about you and your lifefac