Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thopukaranam (sign of praying Lord Ganesha)

I start this first blog of mine with Thopukaranam. In early days of my schooling, I spent most of the time outside the classes doing "thopukaranam" usually punishment gesture given to students for their behaviour, bad performance. Used this technique to bunk maths period and Chemistry period. Well, recently met a old friend (old wine in a new bottle) who is a teacher in Yoga practising abroad. Well one of the techniques used for flat stomach and quick brain activation is thro Thopukaranam. Wow!! I proudly told my mom that my earlier days punishment had given me a great figure and fitness... but had to secretly tell her, because I didnt want my daughter to practise this in her class.
Lookin on the other side, earlier days practises always had some meaning and focus.. which is now given names and branded...
Thanks to my teachers for punishing me.....

5 comments:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Welcome to the blog world!

Anandhi Kumar said...

thanks raji,,, still learning the techniques of blogging....

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

You have started well, with vanakkam to Vigneswara!

Unknown said...

Dear Anandi, Bravo! you write very well - I can imagine the smile on your face when you write these - pl better your language/ spend a wee bit of time on editing and you will be ready to write on paying blog-sites or in magazines!
Someday, I shall send articles I'd sent to news papers that never got published - maybe you can put exerpts on your blog-spot!
Love,
Dwaraka

Anonymous said...

cool post sis! kalakkare po! never knew thoppukaranam had such an interesting twist to it!

will add you to my blogroll and keep visiting for more.

cheers!
ak