Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Recession - Gulab Jamun ADVT.

The whole world speaks a common language today "recession" - pink slip at Job, high priced vegetables, No hang outs, Film industry not in heights of production..... well!!! surprisingly, my mom who is just 12 pass ,earlier days ESSLC, reads Tamil hot Thinathanthi, cooks good Brahmin food, yet , my only friend today, with whom I share things at work. Every day back from home, I share gossips, my silly fights at work, happiness and achievements. She would be too proud of her daughter, but after this recession news and pink slip, she commented " All this while I thought you had a great competition at work, and proud of your intelligence and working calibre, but looking at the employee strength reducing at corporates, you relate to the Gulab jamun ADVT - shown in TV."
Wow!! even at this pulled down economy and company thinking to spend money on advertising, promotions, Gulab jamum advt has proved great BRANDING.... Simple concepts, low budget advts, would still prove effective even during bad economy times....

1 comment:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Not having seen the GJ ad, I cannot relate to it, but your mom proves one thing - Moms are super.