Monday, December 1, 2008

Chennai not a good plot for Terrorist..



Chennai was flooded with rains during the last week of Nov.08. I explored walking from Nungambakkam to Mylapore after a long day's work. Of course, with my ipod on. Trying to reach "zerofigure". Passing by X drive-in- restaurant, one of my favourite hub, which is now a haunted place, Gangotree, on Cathedral road, I normally hang out with friends, Hot breads which is now renovated, owned by Mr. Mahadevan whom I really respect for his achievements, the old Music Academy, and of course, ARena Multimedia, my earlier office ....yes a long walk. I had to hide this trip of mine to my husband, who would start his series of advices, but with lot of concern for me. Huge tree falling on RK mutt road, and corporation labours trying to clear them off, barely equipped, torn clothes, barefoot, scarce road lights and not to forget open MANHOLES.


Rikshawpullers on move for their livelihood. Cursing our government and the politician, reached home , the entire family sitting in the drawing room, with folded hands watching WAH TAJ!! torn by Human Terrorist...saw a bigger picture of politician's inefficient management of our Country. By and large, today every body speak about this issue. On the contrary, related to this incident, my observation was on how Chennai'ts reacted to this... well!! I drove down to TAJ Chennai, burst out laughing when I saw 2 dark policemen, typical fat bellied ones guarding, Marriot, had a huge lock outside, of course the traffic police trying to stop trespassers, Two wheeler riders. At the end all of them escaped parting with Just Rs.50/-. A 50/- rupee note in Chennai would prove a great deal for the terrorist, would also have festival offers!!!. Of course, if the terrorist chose, Ranganathan street, by the time they enter the lane with armed forces, stinking crowd would sent them to hell. Well if the target was Valluvarkottam, Railway station, the pungent aroma would be a treat for the nostrils putting them to coma.. Not to mention, if the plot to enter Chennai thro KOOVAM river...


These few things really put me to a safe zone, and next day I woke up telling my daughter she is lucky to be reared in place like "Chennai"


Your comments please... Best entry, would enjoy a boat ride at KOOVAM RIVER.




1 comment:

ambi said...

nice!
expecting more
ambi